I made granola today. Turned out pretty well, so I figured I’d share how to make this one with you. Granola is a great alternative to, say, oatmeal this time of year. Just plunk it in some yogurt and you’re good to go. This granola is loose – it is not particularly clumped, as would be granola you buy in the store. I also bake in batch (so I have tons left for the week) but just cut the recipe if you want a little less.
What you’ll need:
1kg of raw oats. These should not be minute oats. Today I used oats with flax mixed in.
1 cup pumpkin seeds, raw
1 1/2 cup almonds, chopped loosely
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup egg white
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the nuts with the oats in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the wet ingredients.
3. Pour the wet ingredients in the dry, and hand mix until the oats are evenly coated.
4. Bake on lined cookie sheets for approximately 1 hour, or until golden brown, turning every twenty minutes.
5. Allow granola to cool, and mix in raisins.
Show off to internet how skilled you are. Enjoy!